Sunday, August 3, 2008

Her lunch is in the fridge. . . .

I felt like such a mom making a lunch, packing it in the lunchbox she picked out. I tried to put her favorites in there so she wouldn't be hungry. I wrote her name inside, but not too big, because she would hate that. Just on the tag. We picked out her clothes and laid them out. And this isn't even her first day of preschool, it's a one week camp. But it's a look into what is coming.
So, question for all of you - what was your favorite lunchbox item? Give me some creative ideas for the next 18 years. Mine? I loved a Velveeta sandwich. On homemade bread, because you never knew what they were putting in that store bought stuff. Velveeta on the other hand. . . .

4 comments:

country mouse said...

I always enjoyed cream cheese and olive sandwiches. Everyone in the cafeteria however found it rather disgusting. Children have no culinary vision

Heidi said...

That is disgusting. And from you? Aren't you the one that thinks mayonnaise is weird? I think you even said in 1996 that it scared you. How's that for freakish memory!

Leah said...

I'm packing lunches for Ava's preschool experience every day now. Her faves are almond-butter-and-jelly sandwiches, egg-salad sandwiches, ham-and-cheese sandwiches, and thermoses of soup (tomato or split pea). We also do a turkey roll-up on a whole-wheat tortilla with avocado, organic turkey, and mayo. This school-lunch thing does get old, fast. :)

Chris and Jeff said...

Hi... both you and leah make me sick. I'm going to be a terrible soccer mom. What's wrong with PB&J and some oreos? PB&J on Fareway cottage bread of course too... it's the only bread to eat, so maybe some would call that culinary vision? I'm going to comfort myself with that.