Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Another great weekend!

We have had some great weekends this summer. We are taking in as much as we possibly can to enjoy every drop of sunshine. This past weekend, the girls and I headed to Decorah for Nordic Fest. It has become a highlight of our summers and K has not missed one in her 3 1/2 years on this earth. Although we haven't a bit of Scandinavian anything in our heritage, when you are in Decorah, you are an honorary member of that elite Nordic club. Even I, a mix of German and British ancestors, graced the cover of the Nordic Fest brochure not once, but twice in the 70's. Here are some photos from the weekend. There are many more, and I'll post them later. I assure you we all gained weight. Two trips to the Whippy Dip helped that cause, in addition to Mom's fantastic cooking.
K examines an apple from the tree to see if it is worthy of being made into a pie.
Trip #1 to the Whippy Dip
Relaxing on the sun porch at Grandpa and Grandma's
Heading to the parade
The girls in their Nordic Fest t-shirts, after the parade - still happy!

No comments: