In the meantime, her beloved camera was lost. I could have sworn I brought it back from Indiana, but it was nowhere to be found (you see where this is going?) So, I was heartbroken, K was heartbroken as were my parents since it was her special Christmas gift. After the appropriate amount of searching the house, sending out the troops in Indiana (thanks Barbara, Tom and Mary!) and wishful hoping, I finally bought one on Ebay. Because I didn't want her to think that every time she loses something we will replace it, I had her "find" it.
Then, this week, I start cleaning the basement. C pulls out a bag from the closet under the stairs. "What's this?" On top, her camera. I don't know if the emotion I felt was relief or flat out anger that he didn't realize what he had done. He gave me a forced grin and said "Hooray! We found the camera!" Yeah.
So, the bag with the toys sat out and K was reunited with all her favorites. The cameras have been used extensively and one is going on Ebay right now.
Here are some of her recent shots.
Happy Father's Day!
View from a carseat
Her Backyardigans Superspy car
No comments:
Post a Comment