Saturday, February 23, 2008

I can't believe he said this!

So, yesterday I went to an interview and I really blew it. For consolation, I stopped by a bakery on the way home to get a coffee for a special treat. When I arrived, I remembered that a local foodie said that the place had the best eclairs ever, so, of course I had to get one (see eclairs on top shelf).

I manage to hide the wonderful dessert for the remainder of the day (C and K can both smell chocolate from a mile away, so this was no small feat). After dinner, I bring it into the living room for sampling. K and I devour our half and C studies his. After he polishes it off, he says, "That was almost as good as a Hostess Ding Dong!". Ahhh, such a refined palate, he has. I paid enough for that one dessert that he could have had a carton of Ding Dongs and a Pop Tart chaser. I'll remember that at his birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What junk food alien came down and stole my child?! I never bought Ding Dongs....maybe Pop Tarts. HURRAY for the crawling and pulling herself up!!!! LY, Jammy

country mouse said...

hmmm... eclairs, ding dongs, pop tarts... a nursing mom is one big scary appetite with legs (and boobs -obviously). I could seriously eat everything and the only thing that keeps me from doing so is the fear of being interrupted.

Anonymous said...

Great to have a laptop after a month not having one. Love the humor and fun from everyday experiences. Love the honesty in comforting self after difficult interview, the crawling and pulling up revelations, etc. Hate to differ with Jammy but remember hostess products (incl ding dongs) regularly in the Gegax household when the kids were growing up! Love Poppie

Heidi said...

OK, Jammy and Poppie. Ground rules are "No fighting on the blog". Not that you are fighting, just putting that out there before we have to put someone on time out. And, common rule is that it is a minute on the time out chair for every year of age (so K gets 3 minutes). I don't know if either of you can sit for that looooonnnngg!

Heidi said...

Jessie - I was able to finish a rice krispie treat in 2 days, interrupted many times, but never discovered!

Anonymous said...

Gotta side with jammy on this one. Hostess products never made the cut. Oreo's, Chips Ahoy, THin Mints, yes. Hostess no. ;-) --C